Mega Millions results for 01/08/21; did anyone win the $520M jackpot?
LANSING, MI – The Mega Millions jackpot is now the 4th largest jackpot in the game’s history as there was no winner of the $520 million jackpot for the drawing held on Friday, Jan. 8.
That means the drawing on Tuesday, Jan. 12 will be worth $600 million with a cash option of $442.4 million.
· While there was no grand prize winner, five tickets sold matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in California, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York.
· The player in New York also played the Megaplier option, which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, four tickets sold won $10,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 1,192,949 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 42,823 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
· The next Powerball drawing is Saturday, Jan. 6 with an estimated jackpot of $470 million and a cash option of $362.7 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, Jan. 6 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.2 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Saturday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $491,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.