Powerball ($640M), Mega Millions ($850M) among all-time top US lottery prizes. Here are the winning numbers.
One of the largest jackpots in U.S. history will grow even larger since there was no winner for Friday's drawing of the Mega Millions' $750 million top prize.
The numbers were 3, 11, 12, 38, 43, with a Mega Ball of 15 and would have marked the fifth-largest jackpot ever drawn.
Mega Millions estimated its next top prize would be $850 million, which would be the third-largest of all time. The drawing is on Tuesday.
Lottery players still have a chance to win big with Saturday's drawing for a $640 million Powerball top prize, the eighth-largest jackpot. The winning numbers for Saturday's drawing were 14, 20, 39, 65, 67 and the Powerball is 2. The Powerplay is 3x.
'Still in some shock':North Carolina COVID-19 nurse wins $1 million second-chance lottery drawing
It’s been nearly two years since a lottery jackpot has grown so large. No one has won either game’s top prize in months.
The listed jackpot amounts refer to winners who opt for an annuity, paid over 30 years. Winners nearly always choose cash prizes, which for Powerball would be $478.7 million. The estimated cash prize for the next Mega Millions jackpot is $628.2 million.
Mega Millions and Powerball are both played in 45 states as well as Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Powerball also is offered in Puerto Rico.
Here's what you need to know about both games:
• When is it? Mega Millions is drawn every Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. ET.
• What are the odds of winning? The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302,575,350 and the odds of taking home $1 million by matching five numbers is 1 in 12,607,306. The overall chance of winning any prize is 1 in 24.
• What is the cost to play? Mega Millions tickets cost $2 each. Megaplier, which lets players increase non-jackpot prize winnings by 2, 3, 4 or 5 times, costs an extra $1.
• How do you play? Players pick six numbers from two separate pools of numbers. There are five different numbers from 1 to 70 and one number from 1 to 25. Players can also select Easy Pick or Quick Pick and have the numbers auto drawn.
• When is it? Powerball drawings are held Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET.
• What are the odds of winning? The odds of winning the jackpot are one in 292.2 million. There is a 1 in 24.9 chance of winning any prize.
• What is the cost to play? Powerball costs $2 per play.
• How do you play? Select five numbers from 1 to 69 for the white balls, then select one number from 1 to 26 for the red Powerball.